What is a SaaS solution and how can it improve your business?
SaaS or software as a service is a distribution model for software where vendors are hosting an application and are made available to customers over the internet. SaaS solution providers give their clients network-based access to a single copy of an application which was created specifically for SaaS distribution. Instead of going through the hassle of installing and maintaining a service, it can be accessed easily over the internet. SaaS is like a subscription purchase to Netflix, there are typically no additional applications that accompany SaaS, and it works via the web. Some exceptions might be to supplement the availability of features using a mobile application.
Benefits of SaaS to a business
- Easier administration: SaaS is easier to administer as the company is not overwhelmed with complex software and hardware management. SaaS can also save cost on the part of the company as it will reduce the need for in-house IT support staff. SaaS also give clients the ability to customize applications to fit the business processes without changing the shared infrastructure. The customization is always unique to each company and is continually available through different upgrades. That means that SaaS providers can initiate updates with less customer risk and a lower adoption cost.
- Automatic upgrades and patch management: SaaS providers handle all updates and management of the software, and this enhances the use of the software. Updates are automated, and this will ensure that the clients get the latest update.
- Compatibility: the problem of compatibility with existing hardware never arises because the software is web-based and does not require installation. It works on a couple of devices including tablets, PCs, and smartphones. There are also no extra costs for setting up the hardware as the company provides the computing power.
- Global accessibility: SaaS, being a web-based or hosted software, it is not limited to a particular PC, but can be accessed by the administrator at all times and any location, all you need is an internet connection.
- Multi-tenant architecture: this system allows all users and applications use a single, code base and common infrastructure. Because SaaS provider clients are on the same code base and infrastructure, providers can innovate quickly and save the valuable time used in development and maintenance of numerous versions of outdated code.
How can you budget for a SaaS solution?
A company needs to consider reallocation of funds from things that the firm doesn’t need anymore to free up the budget. For example, a tool for collecting mobile data can help verify compliance with promotions, and this will free up some of the marketing budgets. SaaS can be leveraged within all aspects of a single business and be used to merge the different departments in a company into one.
SaaS vendors usually offer services based on a particular price model which differs from some which currently exist. Subscriptions are "pay as you go" and you can cancel at any time. Some factors determine SaaS pricing model, and they include square footage, some accounts, and some field activities.
Below are some questions that can lead you to the basic understanding of SaaS pricing.
How does the SaaS platform base pricing?
A notable benefit of SaaS is that it can spread costs out over time. SaaS is different from On-premise software regarding its pricing model. The difference between them is that On-premise software is usually purchased by a perpetual license, meaning that the buyers own a license to the SaaS software. Customers also pay 15% to 20% annually in support and maintenance fees. On the other hand, SaaS allows buyers to pay annually or monthly subscription fees according to their use, and this subscription includes the software license and support.
What features do you offer?
- Smooth delivery of simple applications to customers.
- Efficient delivery of an integrated suite of software to companies.
- Delivery of a group of applications suited to a particular type of business.
- Desktop as a Service.
Does the product charge for data or data storage?
- SaaS vendors do not charge for data or data storage, and charges are only for retrieval.
Can you do a free trial?
- About 44% of SaaS vendors offer a free trial for a month.
- We always offer the option to run a free trial before you purchase. We believe in EasyCheck and know you will love everything it has to offer.
You can also inquire about how your data will be aggregated or stored by asking some of the following questions;
- How will my data be hosted, will it be secure?
- How will retrieve my data?
- Can data be shared?
- Who owns my data?
- Are you going to resell my data to others?
Companies may also want to know how the software will be managed. Will there be training and seminars for employees of the enterprise? The answer is no.
You may also ask questions regarding installation and use such as;
- What steps are taken to implement this software?
- What are some common obstacles that have been recorded by other customers dealing with onboarding?
- Do you have customer support, are they readily available? Are professional service fees apart of my package?
- Do you have references from customers who have used your product and find it beneficial?
SaaS solutions help reduce the cost of an in-house IT support of a company and is easy to use.
Learn more about EasyCheck and how EasyCheck can assist with your data collection needs using our SaaS solution on our website at EasyCheck.io